The Argoworks Software License Agreement is a legal agreement that governs the use or redistribution of software, extensions or integrations developed by Argoworks under United States copyright law.
1. The Regular License grants you, the purchaser, an ongoing, non-exclusive, worldwide license to make use of the digital work (Item) you have selected. Read the rest of this license for the details that apply to your use of the Item.
2. You are licensed to use the Item to create one single End Product for yourself or for one client (a “single application”) on 1 domain (e.g. mydomain.com).
3. An End Product is one of the following things, both requiring an application of skill and effort. (a) For an Item that is a template, the End Product is a customized implementation of the Item. For example: the item is a website template and the end product is the final website customized with your content. (b) For other types of Items, an End Product is a work that incorporates the Item as well as other things, so that it is larger in scope and different in nature than the Item. For example: the item is a LightSpeed Plugin and the end product is a website. Things you can do with the Item
4. You can create one End Product for a client, and you can transfer that single End Product to your client for any fee. This license is then transferred to your client.
5. You can modify or manipulate the Item. You can combine the Item with other works and make a derivative work from it. The resulting works are subject to the terms of this license. You can do these things as long as the End Product you then create is one that’s permitted under clause 3. You can’t sell the End Product, except to one client.
6. You can’t re-distribute the Item as stock, in a tool or template, or with source files. You can’t do this with an Item either on its own or bundled with other items, and even if you modify the Item. You can’t re-distribute or make available the Item as-is or with superficial modifications. These things are not allowed even if the re-distribution is for free. (a) For example: You can’t purchase a LightSpeed template and sell or give it to more than one client. You can’t license an item and then make it available as is on your website for your users to download. (b) You must not permit an end user of the End Product to extract the Item and use it separately from the End Product. Other license terms 8. For some items, a GNU General Public License (GPL) or another open source license applies. The open source license applies in the following ways: (a) Some Items, even if entirely created by the author, may be partially subject to the open source license: a “split license” applies. This means that the open source license applies to an extent that’s determined by the open source license terms and the nature of the Item, and this license applies to the rest of the Item. (b) Split and other open source licensing is relevant for templates and plugins for WordPress, Lightspeed and other open source platforms. For more information, reference the WordPress license. For information about LightSpeed eCommerce licensing, contact LightSpeed Retail. (c) You can only use the Item for lawful purposes. Also, if an Item contains an image of a person, even if the Item is model-released you can’t use it in a way that creates a fake identity, implies personal endorsement of a product by the person, or in a way that is defamatory, obscene or demeaning, or in connection with sensitive subjects. (d) This license can be terminated if you breach it. If that happens, you must stop making copies of or distributing the End Product until you remove the Item from it. (e) Argoworks Creative retains ownership of the Item but grants you the license in accordance with the terms listed above.